Steakhouse Florentine Burger
- 1 package Certified Angus Beef ® sirloin patties
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, washed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- One pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Season patties with 1-teaspoon salt and 1/2-teaspoon pepper; refrigerate.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallot and garlic, sear until softened, about 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, working in batches, add spinach and stir until wilted. Add cream, bring to a simmer and reduce for 5-8 more minutes or until cream is thickened and can coat the back of a spoon. Stir in Parmesan and nutmeg, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Pan sear or grill burgers on one side for 3-4 minutes, flip and top with creamed spinach and a slice of Swiss cheese. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature of burger reaches 160°F.
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand
Active Prep Time: 10 minutes
Active Cook Time: 20-25 minutes