Shaved Steak BLT
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® Shaved Steak
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups roughly chopped escarole, tightly packed
- 4 large sandwich buns, toasted
- Combine mayonnaise with 1/2-teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat and add canola oil. When wisps of smoke appear from pan, add half of shaved steak. Sear 2 minutes, flip and sear another 2 minutes. Reserve cooked steak to a clean plate, repeat with remaining steak. Season evenly with 1 1/2-teaspoons salt and remaining 1/2-teaspoon pepper.
- With skillet still hot, add cherry tomatoes and occasionally stir for 2 minutes, season with remaining 1/2-teaspoon salt, then turn off heat. Add shallots and garlic to pan using the residual heat of pan, soften for 1 minute before adding vinegar and honey. Stir, allow “relish” to thicken 2 minutes.
- Build sandwiches by spreading mayonnaise on the bottom bun, escarole, a large portion of shaved steak, blistered tomato relish and bun top.
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand