Skip to content
- 10 oz. Certified Angus Beef® Shaved Steak
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Maesri Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons shaved garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated shallot
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 lemongrass husk
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2-4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 kaffir leaves – will remove later
- Prepared basmati rice (optional)
- Whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar. Combine with beef in a gallon size zipper-locking bag; marinate refrigerated for 30-60 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add coconut oil, curry paste, garlic, shallot, ginger, lemongrass and red chili pepper; simmer until soft, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, cardamom pods, coconut milk, honey and kaffir leaves. Simmer 5-8 minutes over medium-high heat until the curry sauce is thickened. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste; reduce heat to low.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over high heat. Working in batches and using tongs, grab the shaved steak from the marinade and sear on both sides in the cast iron pan. About 1 minute per side. Transfer seared beef pieces straight into the curry sauce.
- Simmer on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Remove lemongrass, cardamom pods and kaffir leaves. Serve over rice.