Korean-Style Beef Barbecue (Bulgogi)
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® Shaved Steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 pear (Bartlett preferred), grated
- 3 scallions, sliced with green and whites separated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola, peanut or vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, pear, whites of scallions, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and honey to make a marinade.
- In a large zipper locking bag combine beef and marinade. Stir around to evenly coat beef and marinate refrigerated at least one hour.
- Remove beef from marinade (discarding marinade) and pat dry. Sear beef in a hot skillet in oil for 1-2 minutes per side, reserve to a clean plate and garnish with sliced scallion greens.
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Active Cook time: 5 minutes
Inactive cook time: 1 hour