Hot Pot (Shabu Shabu)
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® Shaved Steak
- 2 quarts low-sodium beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pack (.5-ounce) dried mushrooms
- 1 piece ginger root (2-inch), smashed
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced daikon radish
- 6 stalks bok choy, sliced, greens and whites separated
- 2 cups sliced Napa cabbage
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- In a medium stockpot combine stock, water, miso, soy sauce, dried mushrooms, ginger and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes to 1 hour. Using tongs, remove smashed ginger segment.
- Add carrots, daikon and white bok choy to broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in bok choy greens, cabbage and sliced mushrooms; simmer an additional 3 minutes.
- Stir in beef, simmer at least one minute before serving.
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Active Cook Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Cooking Time: 30 minutes