- Pizza Dough (Homemade or Store Bought)*
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 lbs. Bertolino Foods Shaved Steak
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 white onion
- 1 lb. sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb. sliced American cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* Raise dough for 2 hours prior
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- To prep, dice onion and cut shaved steak against the grain into smaller pieces.
- Heat large pan on medium high heat with olive oil.
- Add onions to the pan and brown/caramelize.
- Then add shaved steak to the pan and cook until mostly browned.
- Drain excess moisture and set aside.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface – aim for 20″ x 10″ size.
- On 1/2 of the dough surface, layer 1/2 lb. provolone cheese, then add 1/2 of the shaved steak, then American cheese. Add rest of shaved steak then top with provolone.
- Fold the dough to meet the edges and seal closed. Roll the calzone so the seam is on the bottom.
- Place calzone on an oven tray lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk 1 egg and brush on to calzone, then top with grated Parmesan and garlic powder.
- Slice the top of the calzone for venting.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until browning all over the dough.