Avocado Bacon Burger
- 1 package Certified Angus Beef ® ground sirloin patties
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 large leaves red or green leaf lettuce
- 1-2 tomatoes (to yield 6-8 slices)
- 1 avocado
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 burger buns
- Prepare toppings: cook bacon, wash lettuce, slice tomato and avocado; Set aside.
- Preheat 3/4 of grill to medium high and season burgers with salt and pepper. Place burgers over direct heat and grill 2-3 minutes on first side, flip, baste with barbecue sauce and grill 2-3 more minutes. Flip again, baste with sauce and move patties to cool side of grill to finish cooking (should reach an internal temperature of 160°F).
- Build burgers with bottom bun, lettuce, tomato, burger, bacon, avocado and top bun.
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes